Jagex has released build 2652 of Ace of Spades today which features a slew of new features including 6 new maps and a new Occupation Game Mode. Aside from maps and game mode, the update features a block color picker that allows you to hide virtually untraceable as well as a ton of minor updates to the HUD, graphics, and general gameplay. The full details of the update are listed below. This is probably the best update Ace of Spades has seen in awhile aside from the addition of Classic Mode. Don’t already have the game? Well, you are in luck as it is 50% off on Steam for another 21 hours.
Jagex | Ace of Spades | Steam Page | Facebook | Twitter
- The Colosseum
- The Great Wall
- Classic Gen
New Game Mode:
- Occupation Mode (Attackers [Green] vs Defenders [Blue])
- Improved Main Menu background
- Loading Bar Bullets now have improved visibility
- Improved sky boxes are now available on many maps
- Laser Sight added to Sniper Rifles
- Improved Timer Design
- Entity Icons on the Mini Map are now white instead of black
- Added building health percentage indicators in Demolition Mode
- Added numeric value to health bar
- Added current class icon to health bar
- Reduced block auto climb speed
- Added Block Colour Picker for Standard Blocks and Prefabs. (Press E or Right Click)
- Improved Scoring System
- Reduced Triple Barrel RPG knockback on team members
- Increased Falling Damage
- Weapon swaps automatically when current weapon is out of ammo
- Spectators can now rejoin their previous team regardless of team balancing
- Improved Textures for Health, Ammo, and Block Crates
- Players can now vote for the next map before the end of the round
- Added Chat Profanity Filter
- Idle players are kicked from the server automatically
- Players can now receive Domination and Revenge status against other players
- Added Multi-Kill notifications
- Improved block placement messaging (Block Not Attached, Block Too Far Away etc)
- Window resolution is now saved between sessions when using Windowed Mode.
- Added new ambient sound effect for Mayan Jungle Map
- Other Minor Client & Server Optimisations
- Minimap entity icons show a height indicator pointing up/down accordingly.
- Players can now dig more blocks at a time using RMB with the spade. Destroyed blocks are not added to the players total block count
- Bottom layer of the world is now indestructible
- Players can no longer build on the water
- Increased spawn protection to 3 seconds
- Prevented player names from displaying through blocks
- Grenade damage can no longer pass through walls
- Fixed inconsistencies with Grenade throwing range
- Rocket Jumping no longer functions correctly due to balancing changes made for this build. Will be fixed in future version.
About Ace of Spades:
Say hello to the creative shooter. Ace of Spades is the first-person shooter that lets you create your battleground, destroy it, then create it again. Up to 32 players choose from 4 unique classes and jump into team-based, multiplayer mayhem across an endlessly evolving battlefield, to construct, destruct and take out the opposition. It’s like war, only better.
Thanks for taking the time to view this article. If you enjoyed, please consider sharing it via one of the icons below. Thanks and have a great day!