DoubleDutch Games and tinyBuild have revealed that they are collaborating to release a multiplayer running game known as SpeedRunners. In SpeedRunners 4 players can compete locally or online in a cut throat race with only 1 winner. Players must utilize various weapons and power ups to race off the screen leaving the other players behind. This sounds easy, but it is intensified by the traps laid throughout. The player in front takes the risk of hitting the traps first with little to no time to react properly. Those interested can sign up for the beta on the tinyBuild website. The private beta is set to go live in mid-July with a release onto Steam Early Access coming shortly thereafter.
SpeedRunners is a multiplayer running game. Multiple heroes compete with each other, probably because there are too many heroes and not enough crimes. It has a very competitive vibe with a constant cut-throat feeling.
- 4 Player Competitive Platforming
- Local and Online Multiplayer
- You can play in any combination – 4 people online, 2 sitting on a couch playing vs people online, whatever!
- Best played with an Xbox 360 Controller
- Goal is to run off-screen, leaving your enemies behind
- Everyone sees same thing, so the person in front has a disadvantage of not seeing what’s coming ahead
Thanks for taking the time to view this article. If you enjoyed, please consider sharing it via one of the icons below. Thanks and have a great day!