UPDATE: The contest is being extended until March 14th at 11:59 PM EST.
Indie Game HQ in conjunction with GrimGary of Epica Rex are proud to announce our first ever art contest! GrimGary is proposing a community challenge for all of you budding artists out there. Now is the time to get your work featured in this awesome indie project!
We are seeking the following at least 64 x 64 in dimension:
- Fancy Chests
- Simple Furniture
- Anything you can think of that is awesome!
First place will receive the SUPER SPECIAL EDITION of Epica Rex! Second place will receive the SPECIAL EDITION of Epica Rex! Finally, third place will receive the STANDARD EDITION of Epica Rex! You have until March 14th at 11:59 PM EST to submit your entries. For specific rules and an isometric cube please look below.
- Entries must be received by March 14th at 11:59 PM EST.
- Entries will only be accepted via email. Users can email Jay@IndieGameHQ.com.
- Entries must be at least 64×64. They can be taller, such as 64 x 92, 64 x 128, up to 64 x 512.
- Images can be wider but must increase at intervals of 64 pixels (64, 128, max of 192).
- The isometric cube template has been provided below. Tiles may be animated. Up to 100 frames of animation per animation set will work.
- Do not attempt to make humanoid creatures, but if you want to make monsters or creatures, please do so!
- Do not use any copywritten artwork or existing intellectual properties.
- Winners will receive a testing code upon the start of Alpha and a retail key upon full release.
- Winners will have their entries showcased in a separate article with Twitter or website link present at entrant’s request.
- Winners will not receive commission on game sales, but they will receive recognition in the game credits for their work.
- Winners will be notified within 72 hours of the completion of the contest.
- Entries into the contest means you are giving Virgo Palace Software permission to use the submitted artwork in the game. While Virgo Palace does not claim any final ownership of submitted artwork, it does claim the right to use the artwork without limitations with Project Epica Rex (including it’s finalized name). Likewise, since the artist is the owner of the artwork they are free to use their artwork in any other projects, contests and so forth that they see fit as long as the use of the artwork will continue to have permission to be used in Project Epica Rex.