Miner Wars 2081 by Keen Software House is set to release on Steam in approximately 3 hours. For those unfamiliar with the game, it is a 6DOF space-shooter simulation. Key features include: Online Co-op and Deathmatch, ship upgrades, a full story campaign, and a fully destructible environment. Miner Wars 2081 is currently available through MinerWars.com at a discounted price until it releases.
Miner Wars 2081 is a 6DOF action-survival space-shooter simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System.
You operate an advanced mining ship in a fully destructible and open-world environment, which remains persistent as you complete missions or play online with others. Realism and survival are key aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way you use resources such as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons are important when surrounded by dozens of warring factions.
The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue, exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth, search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around and destroying everything you see.
- Fully destructible and persistent (dig through asteroids, build / destroy space stations)
- Seamless transition between outdoor and indoor environments
- Full Solar System traveling (billions of sectors)
- 6DOF – six degrees of freedom
- Skill-based game
- Fast adrenaline-pumping action
- Joystick Support
- Story campaign – 31 epic missions
- Mining and Exploration – Players are encouraged to explore and harvest
- Trading & Looting
- 50 weapons, armors, medicines, tools…
- 22 player ships
- RPG-like / Survival game-play
- Co-op up to 16 players
- Death-match up to 16 players
Survival & sandbox
- Factions (Fourth Reich, Euro-American Confederation, China …)
- Devoted community which crowd-funded the development
- In-game editor
Thanks for taking the time to view this article. If you enjoyed, please consider sharing it via one of the icons below. Thanks and have a great day!