A new game has joined the ranks of crowd funding projects, and hopes to succeed through Kickstarter. Predestination is a a new turn-based 4X space strategy game from Irish studio Brain and Nerd. They are currently at $1,686 out of the $25,000 goal and Predestination is a Fixed Funding Campaign.
Kickstarter Page | Home Page | Forums | Facebook | Twitter | Screenshots
In the year 2350, human deep space probes discovered a mysterious cloaked star system with planets filled with advanced technology. As the galaxy’s empires argued over ownership of the planets, their ancient inhabitants awoke from suspended animation and began exterminating all life in the galaxy. Star by star, the empires crumbled, every inhabited world reduced to irradiated rubble.
Refugees from dozens of races joined forces for one final attack on the enemy homeworld. They planned to use the alien’s own technology to freeze the entire solar system in time, but nature had plans of its own. Ruptures in space-time opened throughout the system, pitching ships back through time and scattering them throughout the galaxy.
- Traditional turn-based 4X gameplay: Explore, Expand, Exploit and Exterminate. Everything from empire management to fleet combat is turn-based for the most tactical gameplay possible.
- 2D / 3D galaxy map: Play in a 3D galaxy map or optionally flatten the map for a classic 2D game. Galaxy sizes range from a handful of stars to hundreds.
- Sandbox mode: Select a galaxy size, age, and number of AI opponents to generate a random game. No two games will ever be the same, providing massive replayability.
- Custom races: Create a custom race using a point-based system. Use existing race art or upload your own art to create a truly custom race.
- Planetary exploration: Explore the surface of procedurally generated planets and scan planets from orbit. You can even have multiple colonies on each planet. Seamlessly zoom down to the surface to build your colonies and zoom back out to explore.
- Terraforming planets: Each race is native to a particular type of planet, and you can terraform worlds to suit your needs. If you don’t look after a planet, its climate could change over time.
- Bomb planets from orbit: Manually select where to drop your bombs for maximum effect. Bombs leave visible craters on the planet’s surface, and biogenic weapons can poison oceans and destroy crops. Destroy the ice caps to flood the coastlines or drop enough nukes to trigger a nuclear winter.
- Tactical weapons: Warp-capable missiles can attack enemy planets from a distance, wormhole generators can link two systems to get behind enemy lines, and satellites can spy on enemy planets to prepare for an attack.
- Real spying: Manually send spies in stealth ships to specific enemy colonies and give them missions to infiltrate certain buildings to steal technology or sabotage it.
- A unique colony blueprint system: We’ve solved the micromanagement problem most 4X games face with our optional colony blueprint system. Manage up to hundreds of colonies at once. This takes all of the frustration and repetition out of colony management without sacrificing any direct control.
- Turn-based tactical fleet combat: Tactical fleet combat on a hexagonal grid. Directly control individual ships and make squadrons that take their turns together. Unique tactical gameplay with the reactive strike system.
- Custom ships: Design your own ships and pick what modules/weapons they have, so you can design a fleet with a particular strategy in mind.
- Achievements: Because sparkly things popping up to tell you that you’re awesome is always a good idea!