Blacksword Games is now seeking Steam release for the first chapter of their first title, Valcarta. Following the traditional classic elements, Valcarta is a top down RPG relying heavily on story. With several areas utilizing RPG Maker’s base RTP and VX engine in chapter one, Blacksword Games has decided to rely less on RPG Maker in chapter two. They plan to create custom made assets to create a more unique experience. If you’d like to purchase chapter one, you can do so directly from Blacksword Games.
About Valcarta I: Rise of the Demon
Rise of the Demon is the first chapter of a ‘storyline’ game series that spans 5 chapters titled: Valcarta. The Valcarta series will be built on a premise of heavy storytelling in a split path fashion. There will be a minimum of 2 paths in every game in which the player can play and experience the events that will unfold. Each path will provide the character with different pieces of the puzzle to put together to allow the user to experience a full view of the events unraveling within the world.
Rise of the Demon, the first Valcarta title series, follows Valak, a young man that has no family to speak of and a blurry past. He has spent most of his ‘youth’ in the central province known as Drachell working as the ‘protector’ of a small town. At the beginning of the game, Valak must make a choice that will change not just his fate but also the fate of Drachell and Valcarta.
- Split Path Storytelling: Experience the story and events of Rise of the Demon as they unfold from two different perspectives.
- Old School RPG Action: Side-view battle system, an immersive world and story, unique characters with their own personal history, quests and more.
- Unique Game Play: Both paths of the game play differently, with new characters and new skills unique to each path
- Unique Fighting Styles: Each playable character has a different plethora of skills giving you the ultimate strategic advantage over your foes!
- Life Filled World: Experience and explore Drachell, a small isolated province on Valcarta. Talk with NPCs, learn about your fellow companions, the races within Drachell and more.
- Explore & Discover: There is over 15 hours of game play for each path of the game, totaling over 30 hours! Discover secret quest lines for your allies and secret lore as you try to restore peace to Drachell.
- Finely Crafted Time Line: Experience a split path adventure like never before. The events of Drachell will unfold, regardless of which path is being played. Follow Valak through the telling of the Dark or Light path of the game and see the detail within the common time line.
- Lorebook: The Valcarta series is based on the telling of lore between a Loresmen and his daughter, the apprentice. In doing so, each game will yield a new chapter of the Lorebook, for fans!